Monday, January 11, 2010

CrossFit day 12

I started this on possibly December 31st, but it could have been the 30th. It's day 12 for sure though.
I'm still looking in the mirror each morning for any sign of an ab, but I think they may be hibernating for the winter. 

Today's WOD
3 rounds not for time
20 pull ups
30 push ups
40 sit ups
50 squats.

I thought that my legs would be pretty sore from yesterdays 700 lunges, but they're not too bad.  Fran is much worse for me the next day.  Today, I was jam packed with just...stuff to do.  Little stuff, big stuff, work stuff, home stuff, etc.  I was home with Gav all day today and I just didn't make it out for a WOD like I had hoped.  I had to wait until after dinner to start a WOD, and let me tell you, I think I would have rather sat through The Notebook than start a WOD at 8:50 PM.  3 rounds took me a little less than 30 minutes, which is kind of pathetic, but when it's just you in a cramped garage hoping that your kip doesn't knock anything shelf, I was just happy to finish. 

I'm not getting tired of the day to day WODs, and my body feels pretty good so far.  Shoulder, hips, ankles, joints - check.  Heart rate - check.  Smelly clothes - check.  Man, when I was boxing I felt so sorry for Shelly because more often than not, she was the one picking up after me and washing my nasty sweats that would usually sit in my gymbag for a couple of days until some notice and said "what's that smell?" 

I can tell you that I am definitely NOT stretching the way that I should.  When I lead a class, that's the only time I take time to stretch out, and even then, it's not anything very sifnificant. A cat stretch here, and childs pose there and BOOM!  Thanks for coming, see you tomorrow and back to work it is. 

Tomorrow may be a lifting day.  I'm feeling like I need to work on some overhead strength & chest strength.  Will probably give the legs a break, and hey, I may even hit some forearms (don't tell the Crossfitters).
Now, off to my date with quickbooks.

No comments:

Animoto.com