Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pacific Personal Training Nutrition Challenge Kickoff

It's so inspiring for us to watch our little studio grow everyday.  Just yesterday we had our nutrition challenge kick-off seminar with about 30 people in the studio learning about exercise nutrition and Zone & Paleo. I realized something important too:  I talk about performance through proper exercise nutrition with wellness as a consequence.  When Mike & Shelly talk about nutrition, they talk about wellness and longevity through nutrition with performance as a consequence.   I don't think that the two are a rigid dichotomy.

We also hired another trainer, Jeff Shackelford to support our growth and expansion.  Not so much for his knowledge of personal training and his management style, but instead for his outstanding smile.  It's a win-win situation. Really though, Jeff holds multiple certificates, is a veteran trainer bringing many years of experience as a personal trainer and personal training director and is someone who has already increased the value of the company.  Great to have you aboard, Jeff.

As most of you know, we added literally "tons" of weight and equipment to the studio 3 weeks ago and it's working out great.  We love the look of it in the studio and it's definitely getting its use everyday.  With a little luck, we should be expanding the studio by 1000 sq ft ASAFP to bring us to 3500 sq ft (any suggestions on what we should actually do with the area would be great too!  We're thinking daycare in the office, lifting platforms in the open area, and a retail section.).

This weekend 3 of our guests drove down to California to attend the Robb Wolf nutrition seminar and I'm really excited to hear about their experience.  I'm (Chuck) still learning about  The Paleo Diet for performance, so I can't wait to get their input. Mags, Frost & Trigger rock!  (you have now been dubbed)

As far as the 365 WODs in a row, I've missed 3 days so far.  The only reason is a massive shortage of time on my part, not because I'm a small and young feline (although my wife would sometime disagree.  Do you know what she calls me just because I like to drink tea?  Do you know what she CALLS the tea?  I'm too much of a gentleman to tell you and it makes me blush anyway.)  This week Drew, DFlood, Derek, Cian, Lynn, Nancy and I all set PR's on our deadlift.  Cian was the big one at 445 lbs!  Dan: 315. Derek: 295. Lynn: 165.  Drew and I: 425.  Sorry Nancy, I don't remember yours off the top of my head!  155?

Tomorrow, we'll see which route Chuck takes on the nutritional challenge.  Tune in next time for dramatic conclusion!

No comments:

Animoto.com