Thursday, September 10, 2009

Gorilla pull ups and FeCoRe (iron core).

Man, I really wish our video cam connection still worked because I got some awesome video of our class tonight.  The MetCon for the night was pretty simple:
21-15-9
Deadlift 135
24" box jump
Gorilla Burpee
Dumbell Snatch 35 lbs (21/side).

We scaled it a little bit for each person, and it turned out to be pretty intense.  Afterwards, we did one of my favorite modes of exercise, IronCore.  CrossFitter leaders hate this kind of work because it doesn't involve picking up really heavy things off the floor.  However, I believe that it only assists with the olympic, multi-joint & compound movements.  Plus it make people scream like little girls, and that makes me happy.  I have to tell you, I don't have the core endurance I used to since doing crossfit.  Must be getting lazy. 

Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of the FeCoRe portion because I was instructing while really digging the new Zumba cd we got at IDEA.  That's right, I dig Zumba.  Got a problem with that?Shakira Zumbas, you know.  Have you seen her latest video? OMG I feel like I have to go to confession after watching that! 

You're looking a little winded there, Cindy. I'm sure Shelly had you lunging from one side of Hillsboro to the other.  
The always beautiful Lisa. 
Tina, your a rockstar!  Nice hops!
That's just a kick as photo right there Janal.  

You needed this tonight Julie.  Great to have you in class. 
One burpee plus a jumping pull up = Gorilla Burpee.  ooo-000-000 aaaa-aa-aa-a!
Excellent action shot Nancy!
Recovery...It's so overrated. 

I just had throw this in there from this morning.  Cuties.  



 


No comments:

Animoto.com