Saturday, May 29, 2010

That was really fun

I don't know about you, but I had a great time this morning and I feel great! This was a fun WOD that ran well together, I though, but I think it somehow could have been made slightly more difficult. Not sure how though...

Good to see all of you too!  I was beginning to miss you morning athletes.  And no, we haven't sold the studio to Ashley...not yet anyway.


Circuit of 3
Each group sets up their circuit simultaneously. 
1-2 athletes per exercise
The pace setter determines when the group switches exercises.  
Each athlete must complete all the exercises before moving onto the next circuit. 
Perform circuit one time only.


Circuit #1
1a. Pace Setter - 30 Thrusters 95/65
2a. 2 pood KB swing
3a. BOSU 180 plyos


Circuit #2
1a. Pace Setter 30 cal row
2b Thusters 115
3c. Towel pull ups

Circuit #3
1a. Pace Setter 30 burpees
2b. 1.5 pood KB flip squat
3c. 20b Ball cleans
This was actually yesterday, but I just liked this pic of 'Charlie's Angels'.  Nice work, Angels. 


Thanks to Ashley too for really stretching us out afterwards also.  I felt much better post workout, compared to my usual 'dine & dash' workouts.  I am definitely stretch deficient, and I hope that I am not rubbing off on the rest of you athletes.   Static stretching after the WOD is always the most beneficial to improve range of motion about the joint, reduce DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) and alleviate some of the anxiety we build up in the WOD by bringing us back down to the earth.  I feel a peace in my soul when I stretch, especially when I breath properly throughout the movements.  


No comments:

Animoto.com