Monday, June 8, 2009

FINALLY MUSCLE UPS!

I am so darned excited that I nailed the muscle ups!  I haven't been able to pull one off since last October at the CrossFit Certification.  This was (so far) the happiest moment of my day today.  And I needed this boost today.  

 You know how you try, try, try and try again, and you just can't seem to find the solution to a problem?  I have tried solving the problem of the muscle up for 8 months!  

I am trimming down now and have also been working on strength training for hypertrophy instead of power, which means 12- 15 reps someday, 6-8 other days, with a couple minutes of break in between sets.  Not the most effect dynamic training, but it's a nice break from high intensity/high volume work, and it seems to be working.  Who knows if this is how the muscle up came to fruition, but  all I know is that I am super stoked that I nailed an awesome muscle up.  Totally rad.  Just awesome!




 

No comments:

Animoto.com