Friday, June 5, 2009

The "Wow Factor" of improved performance

25 reps of  leg raisers make me cry like a little girl sometimes. Luckily, I was just able to observe this time.  



For the record, this was the first time that Gabriel climbed the rope, and as luck would have it, I didn't remember my stopwatch.  

Today was a total recovery day for me personally because my legs really took a beating in the wind and thunderstorm yesterday. Just kidding,  but I took most of the clients through the Tabata Something Else (the workout I did yesterday).  My quads and lats feel like they were eaten by a wolf and regurgitated over a cliff.  Maybe I'll try it again in July or August.   

We measure a clients progression at PPT & CrossFit Hillsboro a little differently.  Not only do we perform body assessments, but we also track workouts by our a "timed event" performances.  In other words, we'll have a client perform a specific workout and track their time with a stopwatch.  We then run through this same program again in roughly  1 month, and we look for time improvements.  

What we expect is an increase of power output from the client.  One equation we use for this is: Power=Work/time. When clients look at their chart and see they have improved their performance by perhaps 2-3 minutes, compared to their baseline performance, the numbers speak for themselves and the 'wow' factor makes a presence. 






No comments:

Animoto.com