Monday, June 8, 2009

Tabata Something Else/BootCamp by Shelly/Strength with Steve

What a fun day at PPT & CrossFit Hillsboro.  
The day started off with Mike's 5:30 am CrossFit Rockstar Class.  
Stealth  (Maggie) has graduated to 15 push ups from her toes!  This is a big deal because there was no way she could have done this when she started.  She's a rock star!  

Shelly taught her Monday Mujeres Bootcamp and these ladies are dedicated animals.  Andrea ran about 20 miles this weekend and still came in for a Bootcamp.  Cindy doesn't miss a day unless the road from her house to the studio is hit by a meteorite and her Ford won't traverse over it (it could happen).  

Lindsay took a class through Tabata Something Else this evening.  No one puked, which is always good.  I have been on a Tababta kick since last Thursday when I did it for the first time, myself.  Now, I would like to think that I am in pretty good shape, but my quads STILL hurt.  How embarrassing.
 
Tabata is usually a 20sec:10sec work to rest ratio.   This particular circuit is:
8 - 20 second rounds of pull ups (substitute TRX vector pulls if needed)
8 - 20 second rounds of push ups
8 - 20 second rounds of sit ups
8 - 20 second rounds of air squats
Count each rep for points. 



Fortunately, we didn't quite get Mat giving us the bird, you know, the finger.  Yes, I know the finger, Goose.  I'm sorry, I, I hate it when it does that.  
Mat's actually a real pilot, so that's fitting.  


Steve had a heavy lifting day of chest, as you can see.  He's on a periodized program, and we're in his first microcycle.  All joking aside, this darn guy is just about as strong as I am in the chest.  Un-friggin-believable.   He has like 20 years on me....24!  Sheesh!





     



No comments:

Animoto.com