Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Snowdays suck

Well that just sucks:  Two classes off the schedule already this morning.  It's all fun an games until the studio has to close down. 

So what exactly happened to Shelly Gonzales last night?  Well..."It was a dark and stormy night."
Shelly and Gabriel were at the studio all day yesterday and after the snow started to fall, I asked her to take my truck home instead of her car.  My gas light in my truck had been on and I told her that she would need to put gas into it before she went home.  That was at 4:30 P.M..

At 6:07 P.M. our preschool calls my cell phone and asks when Shelly or I were going to pick up Gavin.  Closing time for the school is 6:00 P.M.  I immediately called Shelly, but her cell phone was dead.  I leave the studio and head onto Cornell to go pick up Gavin.  Big Mistake. 

Cornell was completely deadlocked.  I moved about 100' in 30 minutes.  It's now 6:30.  I was lucky though because I was able to get take a side road and avoid the rest of the traffic.  Shelly was not so lucky.  I get a call on my cell phone from a number I don't recognize.  I answer and it's Shelly.  She's calling me from the phone of a lady who stopped to help her when all of the men just kept driving.  She says she was stuck on Cornell for 90 minutes.  Then, the worst possible thing happened - the truck ran out of gas.  As she was talking to me, a police officer pulled up to help.  She ended up making it to the Costco gas station.

Because her phone was dead, I really had no idea where exactly she was.  After I went to pick up Gavin, we drove home, expecting Shelly and Gabe to be there, but no luck.  I drive back to Costco.  No where in sight.  We drive back home.  Still not there.  Gavin & I  wait for about 30 minutes (8:00 P.M.)  and finally I can see the truck pull around the corner. 

Safe and sound.  But in the long run, it's the husband who should have kept a full tank of gas in the truck.    

No comments:

Animoto.com